School uniform is worn by all students except those in the Sixth Form. Standard items of school uniform are available from the School shop or Channel Uniforms Ltd in Folkestone.
Navy Blue Blazer with school logo*
Kilt in tartan plaid or school trousers in navy*
White revered blouse with three quarter length sleeves*
Navy blue slipover or plain navy blue long sleeved v-neck jumper (optional)*
White polo shirt with school logo (terms 5 and 6 only - optional*)
Plain dark coloured outdoor coat or jacket (not leather, denim or fur)
Plain black tights (not patterned).
Plain black socks (ankle or knee socks only - not over the knee).
Shoes - Plain black leather in a sensible style
PE shirt in school colours*
PE skort in school colours*
Black leggings and/or navy blue jogging bottoms*
White ankle/trainer socks
Predominantly white trainers (with non-marking soles)
Plain navy blue hoodie with School logo*
*Available for purchase through the school shop. In addition, second hand uniform is available to buy from the second hand store in the school uniform shop.
All clothing must be clearly named
In addition to wearing the uniform, students must abide by the following regulations:
- Students are expected to wear full school uniform to and from school daily;
- Skirts should be worn at an appropriately modest length (no more than 15cm above the knee when kneeling);
- Scarves must be removed before going into lessons/assembly/tutor time;
- No leggings to be worn in school other than in PE/Dance lessons;
- No veils or any item that covers the face to be worn in school;
- Only one small earring to be worn in each ear;
- No other body piercing or ear stretchers (It is not acceptable to cover piercings with plasters);
- No visible make-up or nail varnish or any kind of tattoo (including temporary henna tattoos);
- Hair should not be artificially dyed in an unnatural colour or strongly contrasting colours;
- Hair to be tied back in practical lessons;
- Shoes must be a sensible style in plain black leather. The following are not permitted:-
- Canvas shoes
- Heels higher than 2.5cm;
- Trainers/Trainer style shoes
- Shoes with sports logos;
- Boots of any type (except when there is snow lying on the ground);
- Open toes, sling backs or pointed heels;
- Platform shoes.
Click here for the up to date uniform price list.
Pupils - Friday 12:45pm to 1:25pm and 3:30pm to 4:00pm - Term Time only
Parents - Friday 12:45pm to 4:00pm - Term Time only
Other times during Friday are available through appointment only.
For appointments please contact finance on 01303 251125 Ext 241
The school uniform shop is accessed via Entrance B from Coolinge lane.
Second hand uniform is available, items range in price from as little as £2 to £7.
Payment for uniform can be made by cheque, debit/credit card or cash. Contactless payment is now also available for orders up to £30. Please make cheques payable to the Folkestone School for Girls and print your daughter's name on the reverse.
Second hand uniform can only be purchased by cash.